“We are the leaders we’ve been waiting for.” Pragmatic
The difficult aspect of figuring out this economic breakdown is breaking it down for the masses, yet maintaining a grip on what is happening so that can be simplified. Because I am not by training an economist nor an intellectual by any means. I am a working class brother, myself, and it is my commitment to translate the news and misinformation of the capitalist system into a form upon which people can ACT! I will do this until my dying breath, in the hope that you will SEIZE THE TIME, and put an end to Imperialism once and for all.
- I wasn’t even going to comment on the most recent parasitic “financial meltdown” garbage, AIG taking federal “bailout” money and paying huge bonuses to executive officers and upper managers. And yet folks still don’t seem to be moving rapidly enuf to build, since we have so little time left. Workers, and African ones in particular, do not have the luxury of allowing the bourgeoisie to sort matters out for society.
Because this is a system built upon the concentrated class system (the white Left has called the oppression of colonized nationalities “superexploitation”), we sometimes call it White Supremacy. Because of White Supremacy, it is important for Africans to understand these concepts in the coming struggle. Because we will have to fight and organize and fight some more so that scores can be settled by our side, and not on behalf of racist, neo-colonial Imperialism.
What I mean to state clearly and without any mistake in meaning is that White Supremacy is RACISM. White Supremacy concentrates the class question, resulting in what colonized people as we kno as RACISM, which the white Left and its black auxilliaries call “superexploitation”. Yet many Black Internationalists have soundly stated and demonstrated that super exploitation is normal exploitation in the colonial apparatus that sustains Imperialism.
White Supremacy permits white people to believe they can dilute all questions pertaining to racist (not “racial”) oppression by promoting NEO-COLONIALISM. And that does dilute most questions by giving the appearance of having solved the concentrated class question, racism. The dilution arises in the delay, or lag, it creates between the contradictions which arise at the point of production. Which is merely a fancy way of saying that the struggle between the (colonized) workers and the capitalists, which is the sharpest form of struggle, becomes derailed or delayed in a neo-colonialist regime.
- When we discuss the lag in the relations of production, we are talking the period between the capitalist class having its way until the workers themselves attain clear revolutionary consciousness. The colonized worker sees the contradictions more sharply; his/her relationship to production is more critical because the colonized worker is closer to being in a life and death struggle than the Imperialist worker.
- MATERIAL PRODUCTION means the production of whatever has a real economic value; production is the process that we engage in thru our work in the factories, mines, fields and other places where workers are required. If you sell your labor, that is, if your labor is what you use to make a living, then you belong to the working class. Even our ancestors, capitalist slaves, were workers. In fact, they set the standards for material production and labor organization upon which all capitalist production is modeled.
Yet this period is characterized by intensified, rapine CONCENTRATION OF WEALTH in as few hands as possible. There is no “financial meltdown” or economic crisis except as manipulated by the robber barons of the financial system. It is crass manipulation which will IMMOLATE us all if not for a mass uprising against the ruling class.
The critical thing to understand is that only working class people can change this situation. Working class people make up a strategic sector of the population. Only two strategic sectors exist, that is, only two classes can determine the objective course of history. The ruling class, a small group that wields power out of proportion to its numbers, has this ability. Workers, because of several factors, form the other class.
- We must discuss classes in terms of relationships. Their relationship to one another and, objectively — therefore primarily — their relationship to material production.
ONLY THE WORKER IS INVOLVED IN MATERIAL PRODUCTION.
- For this reason, the worker (by extension, meaning “the producing classes”) remains the only element, the only person, the only link in the class system without which society cannot survive! Other classes are hangers-on, or parasites.
Material production puts bread on the table, clothes on your back, a roof over the fam! YOU DO NOT NEED PAPER MONEY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
- But we are getting ahead of ourselves. More explaining of class relationships is in order, first.
Other classes, particularly the petty bourgeoisie, or middle class, lack the ability to objectively alter the course of history. They lack power, wealth and numbers. For them to gain power, they must manipulate society’s actual producers, the workers, in order to displace the present rulers and wield power in their stead.
The ruling class does not need numerical strength to determine the course of history. They have power and wealth which allows them to call all the shots. Imagine how much wealth and power they have at their fingertips, power they use to control the entire planet, and they do not make up more than 1% of the entire world population. Perhaps their numbers are far less than that.
But all this wealth at their disposal allows them to control the economies of entire nations, INCLUDING THE GOOD OLE USA! That chess position reveals too much of an immense control ability for a handful of people in a vast interconnected world of five billion living souls.
- So as this power and wealth derives from concentrating resources into as few hands as possible, our current situation exists because society blindly accepts that ownership of PRIVATE PROPERTY is a right.
People must understand that rights are abstractions; rights exist based upon what society recognizes as moral or just or merely the way it is because the law says so. In a democracy, this abstraction cannot have any force if people strike against it. When society turns democracy upside down, people will begin to see that as the only way democracy can operate in their favor.
Once WE turn away from the notion of PRIVATE PROPERTY as a right, that will begin to erode the power which a tiny, bloodsucking minority wields over the vast coffers of collectively produced wealth.
As unemployment expands and people’s comfort zone shrinks, the outrage which remains bottled up must not stay contained as it had during the years when wages shrunk and living expenses grew. Because INTERNATIONAL FINANCE CAPITALISM must end. It is the system which has produced every problem known to the modern world. The vast interwoven social fabric which stretches across the globe cannot allow its fate to rely upon the decisions of a handful of jaded movers and shakers.
The working classes produce everything society needs for its maintenance. It produces medicine, food, housing, weapons, factories, mines, wealth and power that it has the ability to wield in its own interests by its own hands.
- However, it surrenders everything it produces for the pleasure of the ruling class. EVERYTHING!! The workers and other producers give up every iota of wealth and power to the capitalists, who turn it all against the workers who created this fabulous society themselves. EVERYTHING!
The bourgeoisie produce wars over resources to turn one group of workers against another, to enslave a nation so that the bourgeoisie may themselves enjoy the power they exercise thru the spectacle of bloodshed and horrendous destruction. The bourgeoisie produce nothing except exploitation and oppression. It is impossible for them to produce a single thing of material significance.
In fact, the bourgeoisie substitute paper value for real value.
They substitute worthless paper for the things that workers produce in the factories, mines, fields and anywhere else workers replenish and subdue the earth for the life of society.
SUBSTITUTING PAPER MONEY FOR COMMODITIES AND NECESSITIES OF REAL VALUE CONSTITUTES THE BIGGEST SWINDLE IN HISTORY!
Paper for the gold you dig and for the diamonds that get forked over; the farmer gives up his crops for a debt owed to the bank.
- ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY!! Has society gone mad?
Yes, this is the beginning of the madness which brought us to this point in history. We are in a new period, where society will have to decide which way to turn. Your very existence is on the line.
We who consider ourselves “Black” do so because of our relationship to White Supremacy. Our relationship to a racist society demanded we produce a SEPARATIST identity. As Steve Bantu Biko once stated, “Black Consciousness is a STATE of Mind.” It is not a skin color.
IT IS POLITICAL CONSCIOUSNESS.
It is revolutionary theory and action within the international African community. So on this basis, we have to decide if we seek to be the workers or the bosses, revolutionaries or reactionaries; can society do away with international finance?
Do we really want to get rid of the banks, the financiers and — most of all — the political system which tells us that the world’s highest standard of living exists right here in the good ole USA. Not many people want to challenge that, for any number of reasons.
YET the behemoth is really a bloodsucking excrescence, with its tentacles wrapped around the MINDS of five billion people! And that many folks cannot and will not ever taste one tenth of that lifestyle, since we would require FOUR EARTHS to sustain that much material production.
Build a New World by tearing down the old, or sort thru the ashes of a destroyed planet. The choice is yours.