And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Matthew 24: 6-8
In no way do I consider myself a pessimist about the future. I am a pragmatic optimist, for I know in whom my hope lies. However as I look at the current local, national and international events today, I am going to take the liberty to make certain prediction about the decade the come.
Now I don’t consider myself a wannabe Nostradamus, nor do I claim to have any special ability to the see into the future, nor are these predictions based on any interpretations of biblical prophesies. I believe that anyone with a high school knowledge of world history and isn’t blind to recurring trends in history (which always repeats itself), who follows current events and employs a little common sense (which isn’t as common as the term implies), could make similar predictions. Nevertheless, here goes:
1. The U.S. will broker an agreement with certain elements of the Taliban whom they will declare as “moderates”, claim victory and get the hell out of Afghanistan… after losing hundreds, even thousands of troops with nothing to show for their sacrifice.
2. There will be an ever new scramble for Africa, as the U.S. will manufacture reasons to increase military incursions within the continent via AFRICOM, in an effort to secure valuable minerals and oil reserves as well as blunt China’s growing influence. England and France, via the European Union will also attempt to re-establish their influence in some of their former colonies.
3. Black males, Muslim or not, will more and more be portrayed as a threat to national and international security. They will be accused of being religious, political, social and economic terrorists. This will lead to more frequent, stringent and intrusive profiling and harassment, which will result in an increase in detention, incarceration and extermination of Black males for “security” reasons.
4. The Obama administration will lobby for and get from the Democratic Congress another stimulus package worth billions for the financial and business community and claim it’s required for job creation. This will secure his second term as president. After 2016, he will be voted in as the Secretary General of the United Nations.
5. Sarah “Rouge” Palin will become the first woman and 45th President of the United States of America.
6. Iran will prepare to test a nuclear weapon with the assistance of Russia. Israel will then counter with a pre-emptive strike. The shit will then hit the fan!
7. After the death of Fidel Castro, the U.S. will attempt to regain control of Cuba and start a domino effect to turn back the tide of left wing populist regimes in Latin America, such as in Venezuela and Bolivia.
8. The Chinese economy will collapse under the crushing weight of the U.S. debt which it holds and will be exposed as the “paper tiger” which it truly is.
9. Speaking of tiger, Tiger Woods will break all of Jack Nicklaus’s records, regain all and even more sponsors, and become an even bigger merchandising phenom! He will also be arrested for having a loaded gun in his golf bag at the U.S. Open, release a rap albumn called “A Tiger’s Nightmare: Nigga$ in the Woods”, and will date one Black woman (kinda).
10. Al Davis will finally die and the Oakland Raiders will immediately win back to back Super Bowls!
Entertaining but very thoughtful post, I liked all the points raised but 2, 6 and 9 won for many reasons. LoL, making people think hard!!!
Happy New Year to every one…
Anna Renee said:
Hi Asabagna! I followed you over from Soulbrother’s blog!
For #3, Very likely, since they’re admitting that racial profiling “is necessary”
For #4, Hey, “by any means necessary, bro!”
For #5, When it happens, I pack up and move to Russia!
For #10, as an Oakland resident, I and my fellow Oaklanders believe that Al’s death is highly unlikely!
Love your site so far, much more to read! Visit me at black-folks.blogspot.com
LMFAO @ #9 >> Tiger Woods has such an insatiable self-hatred that if I saw a black woman on his arm, I would triple take.
Well,I say that the game is still the same between the Major economies of this World, see the history between US,Former soviet union influence in Africa.
I’d recommend watching this video:
Number two is already in the process of happening. The US and other “western” nations are trying to build military bases on the continent and are already dismayed at the progress China is making there. I guess your prediction is that it will get more intense and will actually get into the mainstream media.
If Palin is elected (though it will not shock me the way the people in this nation act), I will be totally disgusted.
Thanks for the laughs asa,
You forgot prediction #18: In the next decade we’ll get back to the moon, but black people won’t be allowed to go there unless they swear unwavering loyalty to the racial status quo. But then again, that loyalty thing is what the space program demands from black people already.
bp… my prediction #20 was that the Rams would win a Super Bowl in the decade also… but there is being funny and then there is being crazy! [;o)